Saturday, November 7, 2009

I was once 46kg...


I thought I'd be a happy mommy after I gave birth to Nathan. However, I wasn't happy at all when I looked into the mirror. When I tried to look for some clothes I could wear from the cupboard and couldn't find any, that was hurt. I was 46kg before I conceived, then up to 64kg when gave birth. After gave birth, down for 56kg.. But due to water retention and eating alot during confinement, I hardly see myself losing any weights. I was so depressed until cried in front of the mirror. I couldn't accept the way I looked, everyone was telling me, 'you just gave birth so it's normal. It takes about 6 months to go back to normal weight'. Six months.. that's a long period.

Nathan was a gift from God for both of us. He was so adorable that everyone loves him so much. Whenever I looked at him, it eased my depresson. I breastfeed him every night before he goes to sleep and after he wokes up in the morning, the feeling of intimacy between him and I are amazing. That's why I insisted to breastfeed him everyday. I just feel so happy when I see him enjoying and being satisfied after drinking the milk. Thank God for giving us such a lovely child!

6 comments:

  1. Your son is sooo cute....and he looks like you!
    Anyways, I know how you feel about this weight problem after delivery. I went through the same depression...but hang in there, there is always a rainbow at the end of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i agree EeVonne.. and I'm sure I'll see the rainbow soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dear friend, i was also once 46kg - back in Form 5 :P
    through my college & working years, i've struggle in vain to get back to that. i know what you are going thru... i'm having the same problem too. i practically got rid of 80% of my clothes after i went back to work. on the brigt side, i've got a whole new wardrobe. on the downside, i've got a whole new XL-sized wardrobe. i wanna loose it, i wanna get back to at least L, if not my usual M-size. i don't breastfeed anymore, but i'm still worry that my c-sec wound may not have fully healed.

    but before you go on & try to go back to 46kg, do consider this - you are still breastfeeding. is 46kg a HEALTHY figure for you & nathan to be in? i remember that you are taller than i am & bearing than in mind, 46 will make you very very very thin....
    i honestly think you look just fine - you did looked great at cheryl's wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey grace,
    everyone define beautiful differently at different stage of life.

    being a mother is beautiful =)

    be confident while do more exercise, as carry a big boy really need alot of stamina.

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paulyn, thanks for your comment..are you my sis's friend? coz i don't recall i have a friend named Paulyn..hehe.. please enlighten me ya.. I think 46kg is just my motivation to lose weight.. as like you, i was wearing XL after gave birth..but thank God i'm beginning to see some results after going to slimming centre and eating right.. I'm wearing M now and weigh 51kg.. I do feel I look much better and confidence now..I'm not on diet but just taking less rice coz I'm still breastfeeding.. but I'll stop breastfeeding once I start work..I wish you be a Happy Mommy with your bb ya.. :)

    Joonknun, hey how're you? Ya.. i know.. carrying Nathan now is really tiring..but thanks for your advise ya :)

    ReplyDelete